Oxygen Uptake Kinetics in Sport, Exercise and Medicine
Despite its crucial importance, scientists interested in the limitations of human physical performance have only just started to give the field of oxygen uptake kinetics the attention it deserves. Understanding the principal determinant of the oxygen uptake kinetics is fundamental to improving human performance or the quality of life.
This book provides a detailed overview of the current state of knowledge of this emerging field of study, and features:
* an introduction to oxygen uptake kinetics and historical development of the discipline
* measurement and analysis of oxygen uptake kinetics
* control of and limitations to oxygen uptake kinetics
* applications of oxygen uptake kinetics in a range of human populations.
Oxygen Uptake Kinetics in Sport, Health and Medicine is richly illustrated and structured to enable easy access of information and represents an invaluable resource for students and researchers in exercise physiology, as well as for respiratory physiologists and pulmonary clinicians.
Download Oxygen Uptake Kinetics in Sport, Exercise and Medicine (9780415305617).pdf, available at www.noregret-themovie.com for free.
- Andrew M. Jones, David C. Poole
- Paperback | 432 pages
- 159 x 235 x 19.56mm | 590g
- Publication date
- 21 Jan 2005
- Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication City/Country
- London, United Kingdom
- Illustrations note
- 132 Line drawings, black and white; 4 Illustrations, black and white
- Bestsellers rank